Pages

Blog Archive

Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Square really is a Circle!

Small towns have squares:  at least in Missouri they do.
Not all squares all equal:  most allow side by side traffic and are designated ONE-WAY (kinda like a round-a-bout).This is how Booger County's square is...........ONE-WAY!!!
Some go for the really challenging and are made for 2-way (opposite direction) traffic...it is my opinion that these designers should be SHOT!!!

I have had more "near death experiences" on our square here in town than in all other traffic situations in my LIFE!  People are just plain STUPID!  A square is not that complicated!!....it's a circle people...round and round you go..... :/

You can bet during any holiday you are gonna see out-of-towners going the wrong way or coming to a complete stop, and putting on their blinker to continue on around....hello......?  Did you see a stop sign? NO you DID NOT! GoooooooooOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, and it tis DE-LIGHT-FUL when ever we have been graced by the presence of a new highway patrol officer to our little backwoods hill-town :) YES....

It always starts out the same.....Everybody getting tickets for not putting there blinker on when using the square...(which actually I think is really what you are suppose to do) ??? but, when the cops and county deputies don't even use their blinkers.....you're just poke-n a sleep'n bear...ya know?

TRUE STORY:  My sister actually called one of them on it! I'm sure she wasn't the first, but she was the first person I knew of and of course it HAD TO BE HER!
When she was tell'n me about it all I could think was....if that had been me!?! I'd have a ticket or be jailed!!
I guess she told him, rather plainly I might add, that she wasn't paying no dang ticket unless he was gonna give one to the police chief, his officers and the sheriff and his deputies cause they all do it...Including the other highway patrol officers!, who have been here long enough to know.... that's just how we do it!!!!
"Your sittin in the wrong place if you want to write tickets cause you're just gonna tick these people off and they are gonna run you outta town on a rail like they did in the old days!!!"
Don't mess with Booger County Girls!!!!  BooYah
He then decided he actually pulled her over for seat-belt ticket...hmmmm.....
"You go ahead and write it but I'm not pay'n it!" ....again...I would be in jail........her?....nope!
Uhhhhhh..........


You know, you just gotta wonder if the highway patrols use this as a "hazing" of sorts for the "new guy".
I can almost here the conversation.....
Experienced officers:  "We've been around here forever and these people have really ran us over about the whole "not using their blinkers on the square" thing, what we really need is young blood in here to set these people straight!" "Don't let'em get away with it....even the old people...let'em know we mean business man!"
Newbie:  "Yes sir! You can count on me to improve the driving in this town...I'm on it!"
............................THREE MONTHS LATER.....................................
Newbie:  "Uh, sirs? I can't take it anymore....I've had everyone- even little old ladies threaten to have my badge over the square tickets. These people REALLY hate me!!! Now, headquarters has had so many complaints they are threatening to move me to a new area! I don't know what to do????"
Experienced offers:  "Well probably.... stop writing those tickets!  Shoot boy....even we do it!" *bursting out in laughter*
Newbie:  "You mean YOU KNEW this would happen???"
Experienced officers:  "Oh don't get your Kevlar in wad, we've all been there son, you just needed to pay your dues!" "Now go set up out on the main highway before they run you outta this town on a rail!"
:)
.....maybe they do....maybe they don't......we may never know.....
But, for some strange reason they all give up a few months after they start and move on to new territory....and, perty soon you see them going around the square...NOT using their blinker!

Disclaimer***
Of course I am not encouraging behavior to dis-respect your public officials such as law enforcement.
Wrong is wrong and right is right.........then there's that small grey area.......
Just remember.....they aren't perfect either folks! And they do work very hard!!!




Shhhhh........somebunnies sweepy!  aawwhhhh :)


That's life in good 'ole Booger County

SuzyQ

No comments:

Post a Comment