Pages

Blog Archive

Friday, March 16, 2012

My Clothes Were On Backwards And I Almost Put Dish-soap In My Drink



Yeah....it's been that kindda week for me *sigh*

Let's start with this morning....

Mr. Thomas has been home sick since yesterday ( tummy bug...I hope, and NOT the flu ), so I'm busy getting ready for work and making arraignments for my Mother to come take care of him. Also, I make sure to take my new medication the Dr. switched me too a few days ago with a slow and calculated mental picture of seeing the pill and remembering "the swallow".
This is due to the fact that I could not remember if I took it yesterday and was afraid to take another- just in case, soooooooo, yesterday was fun....NOT!
Anyway....I get to work sit down and notice my shirt feel funny...I rub the neckline...feels funnier...I pull out the neck and look...YEP! My shirt is on BACKWARDS!!!
A flush, hot feeling whooshed over me as I wondered whether or not the girls at the gas station had noticed that???
OH WELL.....can't do nutt'n 'bout it now!!!

Earlier in the week I had went to the sink to dump out my drink so I could re-fill with fresh ice and more **eh-hum* Dew.........shhhhh!, and I grabbed the dish-soap bottle and was about to squirt it into my cup!!! WHAT THE.....????? Who am I and what did you do with the old me? Oh, wait....I AM the OLD me........*sigh*
Getting old BITES!

I feel better about these things when I think of the stuff that others do............like my father-in-law......:)
Let's call him Pa "B"
So the other day my hubby gets a call from his dad, Pa "B". He proceeds to tell him his oopsies for the day.

Pa "B" was unloading wood from his truck. He was standing on the tail-gate and tossing the sticks of wood off onto the pile when he grabbed a cedar log (that had tiny stubs from the limbs still on it) and gave it a good toss. I guess one of the limb stobbs caught his pant leg!, and with the effort he put into it nearly thrust himself off the truck on the pile!...but, luckily...he let go and caught himself before the epic fall.

My husband was crying he was laughing so hard!  Then he kept laughing...
Apparently Pa "B" had decided to make a blackberry cobbler for Ma "B" (my hubby's mom, of course).
He wanted to be very careful the cobbler didn't bubble over in her NEW stove so he had carefully laid down plenty of tin-foil on the bottom to protect it. Well.....he had made the cobbler in one of those disposable aluminum foil pans...and....when he went to pull it out of the oven......... the whole thing buckled and collapsed!...dumping blackberry juice all over the door and glass!!!! KERSPLAT!
Hey....at least he cooks!...right?


What have you done lately?

SuzyQ

1 comment:

  1. OH wow... and YOU are NOT old! Its called stress, lack of sleep and general "I NEED A VACATION"-ism!

    Age has nothing to do with it (at least thats what I keep telling myself)

    I'm posting an award to you today on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete