Pages

Blog Archive

Monday, October 31, 2011

Sad days come no matter the sunshine

Last week turned out to be very sad for our family. 

That Monday my niece, on my husbands side, gave birth to a beautiful little 3lb angel. 
She was here for 4 hours and 45 minutes before going home to Heaven.
Saturday they held a grave-side service. My husbands brother, the grandpa, who is also a minister, conducted the service.
 I don't know how he did it, it was truly gut-wrenching to hear the sadness in his voice as he spoke of his first grand-child.
There was a crowd there the size of which I have never seen for grave-side only services, all to show love and support for the young parents and to say good-bye to this little angel.
I am so thankful that my husbands parents were able to hold their first great-grandchild in those few hours she was here.
My heart breaks for all of them.
Please keep them in your prayers.

I hadn't felt up to posting one of  my usually comical posts, mainly out of respect for the sad situation, that and I had been really sick to-boot most of last week.

I thought I'd at least post something that will give you a minute or two of escape from whatever kind of bad day you may be having- or in case you just need a mini break from that office cubical...


Even though Saturday was such a sad day emotionally, it didn't stop the weather from being nice. 
After getting home we wanted to spend time with our boys so we decided to go for another walk. 

This time we went to a place across the road from us that some of my family owns. My Dad used to rent it for the cattle to graze in, but down in the middle of the woods is a little hollar with a neat "cave-like" rock scooped out in the bottom where the water flows. You can stand at the top edge and  look over. Usually, very scary, but a tree had fallen across and blocked the once frightening drop-off to the huge rocks below.
Here are the pics.

ps: the sun was setting and the foggy mist from the bottoms was rising, plus I used the camera in my phone since my Canon had a low battery so I am sorry if some of the pics seem too blurry.

















































I hoped you enjoyed the pictures. 
Go home, relax and enjoy your family...

SuzyQ

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful! I love seeing your perspective through the lens.

    I'm so sorry for your family's loss. I like to think my sister is the one rocking all those beautiful babies in heaven. She wanted so badly to add to her family; to give her 5 year old a brother or a sister. That didn't happen before she joined the throngs of angels. I'm sorry to hear you've been ill...I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete